NPS Digital On boarding through CKYC
पेंशन निधि विनियामक एवं विकास प्राधिकरण
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Circular No: PFRDA/2022/36/SUP-CRA/12
22nd Nov 2022
All NPS Stake Holders
Subject: NPS Digital On boarding through CKYC
PFRDA had enabled multiple modes of digital on boarding into NPS through Digi Locker Issued Documents, Aadhaar e KYC/XML and PAN/Bank account. In the series of various digital initiatives as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM) to mark 75 years of India’s Independence, PFRDA is pleased to inform that the prospective Subscribers are provided with another option for opening NPS Account through CKYC and the process is online and paperless.
2. Central KYC (CKYC), a unique initiative of the Government of India (GoI) to empower NPS Subscribers/ financial investors to complete their KYC only once for interacting with multiple service providers across the financial sector under the ambit of various Regulators.
3. CKYC is managed by CERSAI (Central Registry of Securitization Asset Reconstruction and Security Interest of India), the authorized entity of GoI to function as the Central KYC Registry (CKYCR). The objective of CKYCR is to ease the process of opening account with financial service providers and unburden the investors from producing KYC documents and getting those verified every time. CKYCR acts as centralized repository of KYC records of investors in the financial sector and facilitates inter-usability of the KYC records across the sector with their due consent.
4. CKYC Identification Number is a 14-digit number allotted by CERSAI to an investor post completion of CKYC formalities. The prospective Subscribers can also check their CKYC number/ status online by visiting the web portal of the financial institutions providing a CKYC check facility. Additionally, they may approach the financial institutions where they provided their CKYC documents to obtain the number.
5. The process flow of performing digital on boarding journey through CKYC provided at the Annexure for the benefit of stake holders and the facility is provided by one of Central Record Keeping Agencies (CRA) as of now.
6. This circular issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 14 of PFRDA Act, 2013 to protect the interests of subscribers and to regulate, promote and ensure orderly growth of the NPS and pension schemes to which the Act applies.
Digitally signed by K
Chief General Manager