GPF Interest Rate from April to June 2022 – Tamil Nadu G.O
Government of Tamil Nadu,2022
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.109, Dated 19th April, 2022.
(Subakiruthu, Chithirai-6, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2053)
Provident Fund – General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) – Rate of interest for the Financial year 2022-2023 – With effect from 01.04.2022 to 30.06.2022 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
- G.O.Ms.No.125, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 28.04.2021.
- G.O.Ms.No.173, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 19.07.2021.
- G.O.Ms.No.238, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 26.10.2021.
- G.O.Ms.No.29, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 27.01.2022.
- From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs (Budget Division), New Delhi, ResolutionNo.F.No.5(4)-B(PD)/2022, dated: 01.04.2022.
In the Government Order first, second, third and fourth read above, orders were issued fixing the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers of G.P.F (TN) during the Financial year 2021 – 2022 as detailed below:
|Sl. No.||Quarter||Period||Rate of Interest|
|1||I||01-04-2021 to 30-06-2021||7.10%|
|2||II||01-07-2021 to 30-09-2021||7.10%|
|3||III||01-10-2021 to 31-12-2021||7.10%|
|4||IV||01.01.2022 to 31.03.2022||7.10%|
- The Government of India, in its resolution fifth read above, announced that during the Financial year 2022-2023, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st April -2022 to 30th June -2022(Q1).
- The Government now directs that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) with effect from 1st April -2022 to 30th June -2022(Q1).
- The rate of interest on belated final payment of Provident Fund accumulation remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rates as ordered in para-3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.