Important Rules related to Family Pension – Rule 71 to 75
“75 important rules related to Family pension” with a view to creating awareness among elderly pensioners.
71. What is Normal/Ordinary rate of family pension?
Normal/Ordinary family pension is @30% of the pay last drawn by the Government servant at the time of his retirement/death.
72. Is a child adopted by spouse after death of Government Servant/pensioner eligible for family pension?
A child adopted by the spouse of the pensioner shall not be treated as a member of the family of the deceased pensioner.
73. Whether 2nd wife of Government Servant/pensioner is eligible for family pension?
As per section 11 of Hindu Marriage Act any marriage shall be null and void if the party has a spouse living at the time of the marriage. Thus 2nd wife of Government Servant/pensioner covered by the said Act is not eligible for family pension.
74. What is the ceiling on the total quantum of family pension applicable in case of spouse of a Govt. Servant who is in receipt of two such pensions i.e. from Military and Civil side.
Rule 18 and 19 of CCS (Pension) Rule, 1972, shall apply respectively to the civil and military re-employed pensioners. In other words, in the case of re-employment of a military pensioner in civil service, the pensionary benefits for second spell of service shall not be subject to any limitation as per provisions of Rule 18(3) of CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972. Since there is no limitation for Pension, who got re-employment in civil service after rendering military service, as per Rule 19 of CCS (Pension), Rules, 1972, thus there is no limitation for Family Pension in such cases.
75. Can a pensioner can apply for joint account, if the pension is credited in a single account?
Yes, go to home branch with following documents:-
- Request letter to add the names of spouse as a joint account holder.
- The photo and signature of spouse needs to be attested on request letter.
- photo copy of Aadhaar card of spouse
- Two coloured passport size photograph of spouse, one for bank document and another for passbook.
- Passbook of Pension account.
- PPO: Pension Payment Order (photocopy)
- Keep ready original document for verification by bank officer
|S. No||Family Pension Rules|
|1||Rule 1 to 5|
|2||Rule 6 to 10|
|3||Rule 11 to 15|
|4||Rule 16 to 20|
|5||Rule 21 to 25|
|6||Rule 26 to 30|
|7||Rule 31 to 35|
|8||Rule 36 to 40|
|9||Rule 41 to 45|
|10||Rule 46 to 50|
|11||Rule 51 to 55|
|12||Rule 55 to 60|
|13||Rule 61 to 65|
|14||Rule 66 to 70|
|15||Rule 71 to 75|