Important Rules related to Family Pension – Rule 51 to 55
“75 important rules related to Family pension” with a view to creating awareness among elderly pensioners.
51. Is a child of the Government servant born after his/her retirement eligible for family pension?
Yes, a child born to a Government servant after his/her retirement is also eligible for family pension on the death of retired Government servant.
52. Is a child of the Government servant born after his/her death eligible for family pension?
Yes, a posthumous child of a Government servant is also eligible for family pension.
53. What is the procedure to claim family pension on death of a serving Government servant?
The spouse (or in the absence of spouse, any other family member) should submit claim for family pension to the Head of Office in Form 14, along withe the death certificate. In the case of a minor child or a mentally retired child, the guardian or the person nominated by the Government servant should submit the claim for the family pension.
54. How is family pension sanctioned on death while on deputation?
In the case of a Government servant who dies while on deputation to another Central Government department, action to authorize family pension and death gratuity in shall be taken by his Head of Office of the borrowing department. In the case of a Government servant who dies while on deputation to a State Government or while on Foreign Service, action to authorize the payments of family pension and death gratuity shall be taken by the Head of Office or the cadre authority which sanctioned the deputation of the Government servant to the State Government or to his Foreign Service.
55. What action is required to be taken by the spouse for claiming family pension on death of a pensioner, if he/she had a joint account with the pensioner?
The spouse should submit a claim on a plain paper along with the death certificate in respect of the deceased pensioner to the Pension Disbursing Authority / Bank for claiming family pension.
|S. No||Family Pension Rules|
|1||Rule 1 to 5|
|2||Rule 6 to 10|
|3||Rule 11 to 15|
|4||Rule 16 to 20|
|5||Rule 21 to 25|
|6||Rule 26 to 30|
|7||Rule 31 to 35|
|8||Rule 36 to 40|
|9||Rule 41 to 45|
|10||Rule 46 to 50|
|11||Rule 51 to 55|
|12||Rule 55 to 60|
|13||Rule 61 to 65|
|14||Rule 66 to 70|
|15||Rule 71 to 75|