Important Rules related to Family Pension – Rule 46 to 50
“75 important rules related to Family pension” with a view to creating awareness among elderly pensioners.
46. When does a disabled sibling become eligible for family pension?
Family pension is payable to a disabled sibling if he/she was wholly dependent on the deceased Government servant/pensioner at the time of his/her death. Family pension to dependent disable sibling shall be payable after all other eligible members of the family (I.e widow/widower, children and parents) of the deceased Government servant/pensioner have either died or become ineligible for family pension.
47. Can a family member draws two family pensions in respect of a deceased pensioner for the military service as well as civil service?
Yes, a family member draw family pension in respect of a deceased pensioner for the military service as well as civil service.
48. Can a family member draw two family pensions in respect of a deceased pensioner for the civil service as well as PSU service?
There is no restriction in the CCS (Pension) Rules on a drawl of a family pension from a PSU etc. by a person who is in receipt of a family pension under CCS (Pension) Rules in respect of the same Government servant but not for same period.
49. Is, family pension being received by a person in respect of one employee treated as income for deciding eligibility for family pension in respect of another employee?
Family pension being received by a person in respect of one employee is not treated as income for deciding eligibility for family pension in respect of another employee. However, the total of the two family pensions should not exceed the maximum enhanced family pension I.e. 50% of the last pay drawn or ordinary family pension I.e. 30% of the last pay drawn (as the case may be) in the Government.
50. What is the provision regarding providing details of family to the office for the purpose of payment of family pension?
The details of family are required to be provided in Form 3 of the CCS(Pension) Rules. The details of family members who are otherwise not eligible for family pension may also be provided. The fact regarding a child suffering from a disability may also be mentioned in Form 3.
|S. No||Family Pension Rules|
|1||Rule 1 to 5|
|2||Rule 6 to 10|
|3||Rule 11 to 15|
|4||Rule 16 to 20|
|5||Rule 21 to 25|
|6||Rule 26 to 30|
|7||Rule 31 to 35|
|8||Rule 36 to 40|
|9||Rule 41 to 45|
|10||Rule 46 to 50|
|11||Rule 51 to 55|
|12||Rule 55 to 60|
|13||Rule 61 to 65|
|14||Rule 66 to 70|
|15||Rule 71 to 75|
Leave a Reply