Clarification regarding Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for Children studying abroad.
No. 05/10/202 l-5FR/5131
The Additional Chief Secretary to Govt of Haryana.
1. The Chief Secretary to Govt Haryana.
2. All the Administrative Secretaries to Govt. Haryana.
3. Registrar (General), Punjab and Haryana High Court Chandigarh
4. All Head of Departments in Haryana
5. Commissioners of Divisions- Hisar, Ambala, Karnal, Faridabad, Rohtak, Gurgram,
6. All Deputy Commissioner in Haryana.
7. All Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) in Haryana.
Subject:- Clarification regarding Reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for Children studying abroad.
I have been directed to invite your kind attention toward Finance Department’s earlier instructions No. 41512009-5FR (FD) dated 20.06.2018 and Rule 25 of HCS (Allowance to Government Employees) Rules, 2016.
It is hereby clarified that a government employee is entitled to draw Children Education Allowance which is capped at Rs.1125/- per month as per FD’s instructions dated 20.06.2018. There is no provision in HCS (allowance to Government Employees) Rules, 2016 which debar Haryana Government employees to claim Children Education Allowance for children studying abroad.
Hence, irrespective where the children are studying, if the certificate is produced that they are studying, this allowance will be provided for two children upto l0+2 level on production of self -attested affidavit by the Government employee subject to the other eligibility conditions contained in said Rule and instructions.
Deputy Secretary Finance
for Additional Chief Secretary to Govt Haryana