Important Rules related to Family Pension – Rule 26 to 30
“75 important rules related to Family pension” with a view to creating awareness among elderly pensioners.
26. What is the dependency criterion for a child or sibling suffering from a disability for eligibility for family pension?
For eligibility for family pension for a child or sibling suffering from a mental or physical disability, his/her income from other sources should be less than the entitled family pension plus dearness relief admissible thereon, as admissible on death of the Government servant or pensioner.
27. Who can decide about the eligibility of the disabled child for grant of family pension?
The opportunity authority shall satisfy himself that the disability is of such a nature so as to prevent the child from earning his or her livelihood and the same shall be evidenced by a certificate obtained from a medical board, setting out, as far as possible, the exact mental or physical condition of the child.
28. Does marriage of disabled child make him/her ineligible for family pension?
No. A child suffering from a mental or physical disability will continue to get family pension even after his/her marriage.
29. Can disabled child be granted family pension, if the Government servant or his/her spouse had not intimated details of the child suffering from a disability to the Pension Sanctioning Authority during their lifetime?
Non-intimation of details of the child suffering from a disability to the Pension Sanctioning Authority does not make a child ineligible for family pension. A disability certificate issued after the death of the employee /pensioner or his/her spouse for a disability which existed before their death may be accepted by the Appointing Authority and if the appointing authority is satisfied that he/she was suffering from that disability on the crucial date, i.e., on the date of death of pensioners/employee or his spouse, whichever was later and the disability renders him or her unable to earn a living, he may sanction family pension to such child for life.
30. How often is the disability certificate required to be produced for receiving the family pension on behalf of the child suffering from a disability?
The child or the person receiving the family pension as guardian of the child shall produce a certificate. Once, if the disability is permanent and if the disability is temporary, once in every five years to the effect that he or she continues to suffer from disorder or disability of mind or continues to be physically crippled or disabled.
Leave a Reply