Exemption of Annual Mustering process of Pensioners/Family Pensioners for the year 2021
Government of Tamil Nadu, 2021
FINANCE [Pension] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.134, Dated 26thMay 2021.
(Pilava, Vaikasi-12, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2052)
PENSION/FAMILY PENSION – Furnishing of Life Certificate, Non-employment Certificate and Non-remarriage/Non-marriage Certificate by the Pensioners/Family Pensioners including Digital Life Certificate thro’ Jeevan Pramaan Portal – Exemption from Annual Mustering Process for the year 2021 as a special case due to Covid-19 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.212, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 24-05-2001
2. G.O.Ms.No.103, Finance (Pension) Department, dated 31-03-2015.
5. From the Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts, Chennai-35, Rc.No.015716/2021/E2, dated 12-05-2021
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued that State Government Pensioners including Family Pensioners shall furnish Life Certificate, Non-Employment Certificate and Non-remarriage/Non-marriage Certificate at any time during the months of April, May and June every year to the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned after duly getting it attested by the authority mentioned in the said Government Order. If the Pensioners / Family Pensioners do not furnish/produce the said Certificates on or before 30th June, the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned shall call for annual mustering of the Pensioners / Family Pensioners during the month of July every year. If the Pensioners / Family Pensioners neither produce the said certificates nor appear for annual mustering, the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned shall stop the payment of pension / family pension with effect from the month of August and the payment of pension / family pension will resume only on production of the said certificates or the Pensioner / Family Pensioner shall appear in person before the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned.
2. In the Government Order second read above, orders were issued that Pensioners including Family Pensioners shall furnish additional information along with Life Certificate. In the Government Order third read above, the Government in partial modification of the orders issued in the Government Orders first and second read above, directed that the State Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners be allowed to give their Life Certificate at any time during the months of July, August and September every year for annual mustering instead of April, May and June to the Pension Disbursing Officer concerned. If any pensioner including family pensioner fails to do so, the Pension Disbursing Authority shall call for the personal appearance in October and pension/family pension will be stopped from November onwards for those pensioners including family Pensioners who neither appear directly for mustering nor furnish life certificate.
3. In the reference fourth read above, orders were issued exempting the Annual Mustering Process for the year 2020 as a special case due to COVID-19 by relaxing S.R 67(a)(1) and S.R 71(a)(1) of Tamil Nadu Treasury Rule 16.
4. Some Individual Pensioners and the Pensioners Association have now requested to dispense the Annual Mustering process for the year 2021, considering the COVID situation now prevailing citing the exemption given in the year 2020.
5. In the reference fifth read above, the Principal Secretary/ Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts has informed the Government that in the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic situation (Second Wave), if the mustering is conducted, there is possibility of spreading the Corona disease among the aged Pensioners/Family Pensioners who are already suffering from age related ailments and are highly vulnerable to infections. To avoid overcrowding and resultant infection to the aged Pensioners/Family Pensioners, he has requested the Government to issue necessary orders either for
(a) Exemption of Annual Mustering process of Pensioners/Family Pensioners for the year 2021 (or)
(b) Obtaining Life Certificate generated through the Jeevan Pramaan Portal during the period from July 2021 to December 2021.
6. Though generation of digital Life Certificate, by the Pensioners can be done thro’ the Jeevan Pramaan Portal, the old aged Pensioners/Family Pensioners are in the practice of Annual Mustering and that it may not be appropriate to insist the old age Pensioners/Family Pensioners to approach the e-Sevai Common Service Centre during the COVID pandemic period for furnishing digital Life Certificate considering the fact that Pensioners/Family Pensioners, being senior citizens, fall among the most vulnerable category with respect to risk of exposure to COVID.
7. The Government after careful consideration of the above facts and the current pandemic situation accept the request of Pensioners Association as well as the proposal of Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts and accord temporary exemption of the Annual Mustering Process including furnishing of Life Certificate/Digital Life Certificate through Jeevan Pramaan Portal for the year 2021 as a special case by relaxing S.R 67(a)(1) and S.R 71(a)(1) of Tamil Nadu Treasury Rule 16.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT