Due to the implementation of VRS, a very chaotic situation has been created in BSNL. Utilising this situation, some self-seekers are trying to project themselves as heroes. We don’t have any issue in it. However, these self-seekers are trying to damage the trade union movement. A person, who has already been given farewell from the trade union movement, has sent a very militant (???) message in the social media. The crux of the message is that, the unions and associations have not even moved their little finger, against the government. Is it correct?
- The last 5 years have seen militant struggles organised by the unions and associations of BSNL and massively participated in by the Executives and Non-Executives. The two day strike organised on 21st & 22nd April, 2015, demolished the government’s 60% ceiling, intended to deny payment of pension to BSNL employees. This struggle guaranteed payment of government pension to all BSNL retirees without any limitation.
- The one day strike organised on 15.12.2016, exclusively against formation of Subsidiary Tower Company, gave a blow to the government’s plan to fragment BSNL into pieces.
- The two day strike held on 12th & 13th December, 2017, the indefinite strike, that was to start from 03.12.2018, but was deferred based on talks held with the Hon’ble MoS(C) and the assurances given by him, the three day strike organised on 18th, 19th & 20th February, 2019, demanded not only pay revision and pension revision, but also raised important demands for the revival of BSNL.
- Together with the above mentioned three strikes, the unions and associations also organised two massive rallies at New Delhi on 19th April, 2018 and 05th April, 2019 and told the government in no uncertain terms that BSNL cannot be written off.
- During the past 5 years, the unions and associations massively mobilised public opinion in favour of the revival of BSNL, by organising massive movements, viz., Human Chain, March to Rajbawan, Submitting memorandum to the MPs, Street Corner Meetings, etc.
- As a result of the above mentioned militant struggles and massive movements, organised by the unions and associations, and massively participated in by the Executives and Non-Executives, the government shelved it’s proposal to form the Subsidiary Tower Company. This is a Himalayan achievement.
- Due to the continuous struggles launched by the BSNL unions and associations, the government has been compelled to allot 4G spectrum to BSNL without any payment. This is a historic achievement, since it has also set a precedence for the allotment of 5G spectrum to BSNL in future.
- When the unions and associations of BSNL have achieved so much through their relentless struggles, it is ridiculous that self-seekers say that the unions and associations have not even moved their little finger against the government.
Source : bsnleu.in