The landmark Central Executive Committee meeting of BSNLEU, was held at Ghaziabad on 12th & 13th October, 2019. The programme started with the hoisting of BSNLEU’s Red Flag by Com.P.Asokababu, veteran leader and circle secretary, Andhra Pradesh circle. Com.Animesh Mitra, President, BSNLEU, presided over. Com.Upender Singh Teotia, Circle Secretary, UP(West), welcomed the CEC members. Com.A.K. Padmanabhan, Vice President, CITU, inaugurated the meeting and delivered a visionary speech, explaining about the economic and political scenario of the country, as perceived by the working class. Com.P.Abhimanyu, GS, presented the report on activities. All the circle secretaries and central office bearers participated in the deliberations enthusiastically. The meeting took the following decisions unanimously:-
- The meeting heartily thanked the BSNL employees for re-electing BSNLEU as the Main Recognised Representative Union for a record 7th term consecutively. The meeting also heartily congratulated the leaders and cadres of BSNLEU at the All India, Circle and District levels, for working tirelessly to achieve this historic victory.
- The meeting expressed it’s extreme resentment over the non-payment of the salary of the employees, as well as the non-payment of wages to the contract workers for the past 8 months. The meeting demanded the BSNL Management to immediately to settle these payments.
- The meeting also expressed it’s deep anguish over the extreme delay in the allotment of 4G spectrum and necessary financial assistance / soft loan for BSNL’s revival. The meeting demanded the government to immediately implement these measures, as well as the other needful steps, for the early revival of BSNL.
- The meeting welcomed the decision of the Central Trade Unions to organise a one day General Strike on 08th January, 2020, against the pro-corporate and anti-worker policies of the Narendra Modi government and decided to fully participate in it. The meeting decided to organise the following campaign programme to successfully organise the General Strike in BSNL.
- Holding of all the Circle Executive Committee meetings from 01st to 15th November, 2019.
- Holding of all the District Executive Committee meetings between 16th to 30th November, 2019.
- Holding of all the General Body meetings between 01st to 15th December, 2019.
- Organising of mass meetings, to be addressed by the Central Office bearers, gate meetings, distribution of hand-bills and other preparations, during the period from 16th to 30th December, 2019.
- The meeting welcomed with satisfaction that, more unions and associations have become part of the AUAB now and that, the AUAB has got strengthened now. The meeting appreciated the GS, BSNLEU, and all other leaders for achieving this. The meeting also desired that all the other left out organisations should also be approached and brought into the fold of the AUAB. It also decided to successfully implement the decision of the AUAB to organise One Day hunger strike on 18.10.2019.
- The next meeting of the BSNL Working Women’s Coordination Committee (BSNL WWCC) is to be held at Mumbai, by the second week of November, 2019.
- The meeting also decided that the circles of Gujarat, NE-I, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana should complete the formation of circle level BSNL WWCC before the next CEC meeting.
- The meeting decided that BSNLEU should take the initiative, in coordination with the AIBDPA, for taking legal action, to settle the pension revision of the BSNL retirees. Com.J. Sampath Rao, CS, Telangana, announced a donation of Rs.50,000/- for this legal action.
- The meeting decided that the next Central Executive Committee meeting of BSNLEU will be held in Gujarat.