Holiday for Muharram on 11th September 2019 : Tamil Nadu G.O
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU 2019
Holiday – Holiday for Muharram on 11th September 2019 — Change in the date of observance of the festival — Orders — Issued.
PUBLIC (MISCELLANEOUS) DEPARTMENT
1. G.O. Ms. No.840, Public (Miscellaneous) Department, dated 29.10.2018.
2. From the Chief Kazi to Government of Tamil Nadu, Letter dated 31.08.2019.
In the Government Order first read above, the Government ordered that Tuesday the 10th September 2019 as a Government Holiday for Muharram under Negotiable Instruments Act 1881. The Chief Kazi to the Government of Tamil Nadu in his letter 2nd read above has stated that, as the moon was not sighted, YAOME-SHAHADATH (10th day of MUHARRAM) will be observed on 11.09.2019 (Wednesday) in Tamil Nadu and not on Tuesday, 10th September 2019. Hence, he has requested to declare public holiday on 11th September 2019.
2. The Government, after careful consideration of the matter, have decided to declare 11th September 2019 as a Public Holiday for Muharram instead of 10th September 2019 under Negotiable Instruments Act 1881. Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in an extra-ordinary Gazette dated: 05.09.2019.
3. Under the Explanation to Section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act 1881 (Central Act XXVI of 1881) read with Notification of the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs No.20-25-26, Public -1, dated 8th June 1957, the Government of Tamil Nadu hereby declares that Wednesday the 11th September 2019 would be a Public Holiday on account of Muharram instead of 10th September 2019.
4. The above Public Holiday notified shall also apply to all State Government Undertakings/Corporations/Boards etc.,
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
CHEIF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT