6th Pay Commission Dearness Allowance to TN Employees from Jan 2019
Government of Tamil Nadu 2019
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.153, Dated 20th May 2019.
(Vihari, Vaikasi-06, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2050)
ALLOWANCES – Rate of Dearness Allowance applicable with effect from 1-1-2019 in respect of employees continuing to draw their pay in the Pre-2006 Pay Scales and Pre-2016 Pay Scale/Grade Pay -Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi Office Memorandum No.1/3(2)/2008-E-II(B), dated 08-03-2019.
3. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi Office Memorandum No.1/3(1)/2008-E-II(B), dated 08-03-2019.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees drawing pay in the Pre-revised pay scales as detailed below:-
2. The Government of India in its Office Memorandum second and third read above has enhanced the Dearness Allowance to its employees continuing to draw their pay in the pre-revised pay scales as per Fifth Central Pay Commission from 284% to 295% with effect from 1st January 2019 and in the pre-revised pay scale/Grade Pay as per Sixth Central Pay Commission from 148% to 154% with effect from 1st January 2019.
3. Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government now sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees drawing pay in the Pre-revised pay scales as detailed below:-
4. The additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash with effect from 1-1-2019.
5. The arrears of Dearness Allowance for the months of January, 2019 to April 2019 shall be drawn and disbursed immediately by existing cashless mode of Electronic Clearance System (ECS). While working out the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise.
6. The Government also direct that the revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned above, shall be admissible to full time employees who are at present getting Dearness Allowance and paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates. The revised rates of Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall not be admissible to part time employees.
7. The revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order will also apply to the teaching and non-teaching staff working in aided educational institutions, employees under local bodies, employees governed by the University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education scales of pay, the Teachers/Physical Education Directors/Librarians in Government and Aided Polytechnics and Special Diploma Institutions, Village Assistants in Revenue Department, Noon Meal Organisers, Child Welfare Organisers, Anganwadi Workers, Cooks, Helpers, Panchayat Secretaries/Clerks in Village Panchayat under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department.
8. The revised Dearness Allowance sanctioned in this order shall also be applicable to the Pensioners/Family Pensioners who are drawing pre-revised pension/family pension.
9. The expenditure shall be debited to the detailed head of account `03. Dearness Allowance’ under the relevant minor, sub-major and major heads of account.
10. The Treasury Officers / Pay and Accounts Officers are requested to make payment of the revised Dearness Allowance when bills are presented without waiting for the authorisation from the Principal Accountant General (A&E) Tamil Nadu, Chennai-18.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT