Public Services Wearing of Photo Identity Cards compulsorily by all Government Servants : TN GO
Personnel and Administrative
Reforms (A) Department,
Secretariat, Chennai-600 009. 61516
From Dr. S. SWARNA, I.A.S.,
Secretary to Government.
Sub: Public Services Wearing of Photo Identity Cards compulsorily by all Government Servants — Instructions — Reiterated — Regarding.
1. Government Order (Ms) No.336, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (A) Department Dated.26.03.1986.
2. Government Order (Ms) No.363, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (A) Department, Dated.01.12.2004.
3. Government Letter No.3975/A/2005-1, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (A) Department, Dated.22.02.2005.
4. Government Letter No.47690/A2/2013-1, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (A) Department, Dated.20.12.2013.
5. Government Letter No.289391A212017-1, Personnel and Administrative Reforms (A) Department, Dated.05.09.2017.
6. Order of the High Court of Madras in W.P.No.15640 of 2018, Dated. 16.07.2018.
The Government have issued Orders / Instructions from time to time to all Head of the Departments so as to emphasize that all the Government Servants shall wear photo identity card compulsorily during office hours without fail. Even though, orders/instructions have been issued by the Government in the reference first to fifth cited, it is learnt that some of the departments have not followed the above instructions scrupulously.
2. The Hon’ble High Court of Madras in its judgement dated.16.07.2018 in W.P.No1564012018, has directed to ensure that all officers and employees of the Government of Tamil Nadu, particularly, those dealing with the public are provided with photo identity cards, within sixty (60) days from date, if the same has not already been done and able to ensure that the Rule regarding wearing of identity cards is strictly enforced and action should be taken against those flouting the Rules(copy enclosed for reference).
3. In the view of above judgement, all Head of the Departments/District Collectors are requested to give suitable instructions to the subordinate offices under their control to instruct the employees to wear photo identity cards without fail as per norms and instructions specified in Government Order/Instructions issued in the reference first to the fifth cited.
4. The receipt of the above letter may be acknowledged.
For Secretary to Government