Dearness Allowance to Tamilnadu Government Pensioners / family Pensioners from Jan 2018
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Pension] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.126, Dated 11th April 2018.
(Heyvilambi, Panguni-28, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2049)
PENSION – Dearness Allowance to the Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Revised rate admissible from 1st January 2018 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.313, Finance (Pay Cell) Department, dated: 25-10-2017.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare, New Delhi Office Memorandum No.42/06/2018-P&PW (G),dated 22-03-2018.
3. G.O.Ms.No.123, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated:11-04-2018.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued on revision of pension / family pension and retirement benefits , based on the recommendations of the Official Committee-2017. In the said Government Order, the revised rates of Dearness Allowance under the revised pension / family pension were allowed as shown below:-
2. Government of India, in its Office Memorandum second read above has enhanced the Dearness Allowance payable to its Pensioners / Family Pensioners from the existing rate of 5% to 7% with effect from 1st January 2018.
3. In the Government order third read above, orders were issued revising the Dearness Allowance payable to State Government employees and teachers from the existing rate of 5% to 7% with effect from 1st January 2018, following the Government of India’s decision on enhancing the Dearness Allowance to its employees.
4. Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners as indicated below:
5. The additional installment of Dearness Allowance payable under these orders shall be paid in cash with effect from 1-1-2018.
6. The arrears of Dearness Allowance for the months of January, February and March 2018 shall be drawn and paid by existing cashless mode of Electronic Clearance System (ECS). While working out the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise.
7. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority including Public Sector Banks to calculate the quantum of Dearness Allowance payable in each individual case.
8. Pending formal authorisation by the Principal Accountant General, the revised Dearness Allowance shall be paid straightaway by the Pension Pay Officer, Chennai-35, Treasury Officers and Public Sector Banks concerned.
9. This order will apply to the following categories of pensioners:-
(i) Government Pensioners, Teacher Pensioners of aided and local body educational institutions and other pensioners of local bodies.
(ii) The State Government employees who had drawn lumpsum payment on absorption in Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous Body / Local Body / Co-operative institution and have become entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount.
(iii) Present and future family pensioners; In the case of divisible family pensioners, Dearness Allowance shall be divided proportionately.
(iv) Former Travancore-Cochin State pensioners drawing their pension on 1st November, 1956 in the Treasuries situated in the areas transferred to Tamil Nadu State on that date, i.e. Kanniyakumari District and Shencottah Taluk of Tirunelveli District.
(v) Pensioners who are in receipt of special pensions under Extraordinary Pension Rules, Tamil Nadu and Compassionate Allowance.
10. The expenditure on Dearness Allowance payable to the Pensioners and Family Pensioners shall be debited to the respective following Heads of Account:
“2071. Pension and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 101. Superannuation and Retirement Allowances – State’s Expenditure – AC. Dearness Allowance to Pensioners – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P.C. 2071 01 101 AC 0306)”
“2071. Pension and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 105. Family Pensions – State’s Expenditure – AC. Dearness Allowance to Family Pensioners of Tamil Nadu Government – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P.C.
2071 01 105 AC 0308) “.
11. The orders regarding sanction of Dearness Allowance to the widows and children of the deceased Contributory Provident Fund / Non Pensionable Establishment beneficiaries of State Government and the former District Boards who are drawing ex-gratia will be issued separately.
12. The increased expenditure due to the sanction of Dearness Allowance in this order is allocable among the successor States as per the provisions laid down under the State Reorganization Act, 1956.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT