Constitution of Staff Rationalisation Committee : Tamil Nadu Official Committee, 2017
Constitution of Staff Rationalisation Committee – Appointment of Chairman and Terms of Reference – Orders – Issued.
Finance (CMPC) Department
Thiruvalluvar Aandu, 2049.
The Official Committee, 2017 constituted to make necessary recommendations on revision of scales of pay and allowances for State Government Employees and Teachers including employees of Local Bodies has inter-alia recommended to constitute a Staff Rationalisation Committee to evaluate the staff structure in various Departments and identify non-essential posts so as to reduce the revenue expenditure and also identify the categories of posts which can be outsourced or appointed through contract appointment for an initial period as a measure to control expenditure.
2. After careful consideration, the Government has decided to constitute a Staff Rationalisation Committee. Accordingly, Government constitutes a “Staff Rationalisation Committee” duly chaired by Thiru.S.Audiseshiah, IAS (Retd.), former Principal Secretary to Government of Tamil Nadu.
3. Thiru.M.A.Siddique, I.A.S., Secretary (Expenditure), Finance Department shall be the Ex-officio Secretary to the Staff Rationalisation Committee. Orders in respect of the other supporting staff to the Committee shall be issued separately.
TERMS OF REFERENCE:
4. The following shall be the terms of reference for the Staff Rationalisation Committee:
i) To evaluate the staff structure in various departments and identify non-essential posts, so as to reduce the revenue expenditure and also identify the categories of posts which can be outsourced or appointed through contract appointment for an initial period as a measure to control expenditure.
ii) Consider any other relevant issue concerning administrative expenditure management in Government and Government agencies and make suitable recommendations.
5. The tenure of the Committee shall be for a period of six months from the date of constitution. The Committee shall submit its report to Government within the above period.
6. Other infrastructure requirements including computers will be made available by the Finance / Public Departments.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.