Ad-hoc Bonus and Special Ad-hoc Bonus 2016–17 for TN Govt Employees
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.6, Dated 6th January 2018
(Heyvilambi, Margazhi-22, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2048)
BONUS – Payment of Ad-hoc Bonus and Special Ad-hoc Bonus for the Accounting Year 2016–17 – Sanction – Orders – Issued.
Government has decided to grant Ad-hoc Bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month to all ‘C’ and ‘D’ Group regular and temporary Government employees, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay for the accounting year 2016-17.
2. In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued to grant Ad-hoc Bonus for the Accounting Year 2015-16 equivalent to 30 days emoluments subject to a ceiling of Rs.3,000/- to ‘C’ and ‘D’ Group regular and temporary Government employees, employees of Local Bodies in Government aided educational institutions. Accordingly, Government direct that all regular and temporary Government employees who are on regular time scales of pay, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay in ‘C’ and ‘D’ groups be paid Ad-hoc Bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month for the financial year 2016-17.
3. The Ad-hoc Bonus shall be computed on the basis of actual emoluments as on 31st March 2017. The amount of Ad-hoc Bonus shall be calculated as if monthly emoluments were Rs.3,000/- per month. In respect of those drawing pay in the pre-revised / revised scales of pay, the calculation of Ad-hoc Bonus shall be based on the emoluments drawn subject to the upper ceiling of Rs.3,000/- (Rupees Three Thousand only) per month. The upper ceiling limit shall be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scales of pay.
4. Government also direct that the Special Ad-hoc Bonus of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) be paid to full-time and part-time employees paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates, employees on consolidated pay/special time scale of pay including employees in Nutritious Meal Programme/ Integrated Child Development Service (ICDS) Scheme (Anganwadi Workers /Mini Anganwadi Workers), Village Assistants, Panchayat Secretaries on special time scales of pay under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department, Contract employees, Temporary Assistants on contract basis, employees on daily wages and the employees partly worked on daily wages and subsequently brought under regular establishment and worked continuously for atleast 240 days or more during the accounting year 2016-17.
5. The above orders on payment of Ad-hoc Bonus / Special Ad-hoc Bonus shall not be applicable to the Government employees in Groups ‘A’ and ‘B’ including All India Service Officers and Officers governed by University Grants Commission (UGC)/ All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) / Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)Regulations.
6. The ‘C’ and ‘D’ Group deputationists from the State Government service working in Corporations / Boards / Joint Sector companies who are not in receipt of bonus / exgratia payment from the undertakings concerned are eligible for the benefit of Ad-hoc Bonus / Special Ad-hoc Bonus.
7. The Ad-hoc Bonus/Special Ad-hoc Bonus sanctioned above shall be admissible subject to the conditions prescribed in the Annexure to this order.
8. The expenditure on Ad-hoc Bonus/Special Ad-hoc Bonus shall be debited to the sub-detailed head “04. Other Allowances” under the detailed head “01. Salaries” or the detailed head “02. Wages” as the case may be, under the relevant service head of the department concerned.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT