Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Post Independence Gallantry Awards
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi – 110105
Dated the 4th December, 2017
The Chief of Army Staff
The Chief of Navy Staff
The Chief of Air Staff
Subject: Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Post Independence Gallantry Awards.
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. 7(119)/2008-D(AG) dated 30th March, 2011 on the above subject and to convey the sanction of the President to the enhanced payment of monetary allowance at the following rates to all recipients, irrespective of rank and income, of the following Post-Independence gallantry awards, with effect from 1st August, 2017:-
|GALLANTRY AWARD||EXISTING RATE OF MONETARY
(RUPEES PER MONTH)
|REVISED RATE OF MONETARY
(RUPEES PER MONTH)
|Param Vir Chakra (PVC)||10,000||20,000|
|Ashoka Chakra (AC)||6,000||12,000|
|Maha Vir Chakra (MVC)||5,000||10,000|
|Kirti Chakra (KC)||4,500||9,000|
|Vir Chakra (VrC)||3,500||7,000|
|Shaurya Chakra (SC)||3,000||6,000|
|Sena/Nao Sena/Vayu Sena Medal
2. The allowance shall be admissible to the recipient of the award and on his death to his widow lawfully married by a valid ceremony. The widow will continue to receive the allowance until her death. Ordinarily, the widow who was first married shall receive the allowance but with the special sanction of the Government the allowance may be divided equally between the lawful widows of the recipient.
5. The monthly monetary allowance will be paid in respect of all gallantry awards received by an individual.
6. Payments, if any, already made for the period beyond the date of issue of this letter will be adjusted against the payment due under this letter.
7. The expenditure on this account will be debitable to the relevant Heads of the Defence Services Estimates.
8. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide their U.O. No.7/67/E.III.A/98 dated 11th September, 2017.
(D. Prashanth Rao)
Under Secretary to the Government of India