Enhancement of Special Pay – Tamil Nadu 7th Pay Commission
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Pay Cell] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.304, Dated 13th October 2017.
(Heyvilambi, Puratasi-27, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2048)
OFFICIAL COMMITTEE, 2017 – Recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017 on revision of pay, allowances, pension and related benefits – Enhancement of Special Pay – Orders – Issued.
In the Government Order first read above, an Official Committee has been constituted to examine and make necessary recommendations for the implementation of revised scales of pay and allowances for State Government employees and Teachers including employees of Local Bodies. Among others,the Official Committee has recommended that the existing Special Pay may be continued and enhanced by 50% rounded off to next 10. Further, the Committee has recommended that in respect of the employees who are presently drawing Special Pay at the rate of percentage basis in the existing basic pay, their Special Pay shall be reduced by 50% (i.e. 10% to 5%, 15% to 7.5%, 20% to 10%) in the revised pay structure.
2. After careful examination, the Government has decided to accept the above recommendations of the Official Committee. Accordingly, the existing Special Pay admissible to the employees in the eligible categories shall be enhanced by 50 percent and rounding it off to next 10 rupees. The revised special pay for eligible categories shall be as given in the Annexure to this order.
3. The revision of Special Pay as above shall apply only to the categories indicated in the annexure. If there are any case of omission in the list in annexure of any category of employees presently drawing Special Pay, the Heads of Departments concerned shall send necessary proposals to Government in Finance (Allowance) Department along with the authority for
inclusion in the list in the Annexure.
4. The Pay and Accounts Officers / Treasury Officers / Sub-Treasury Officers shall ensure that Special Pay is allowed only to the categories mentioned in the Annexure to this order.
5. In respect of eligible employees drawing Special Pay on percentage basis, the rates of their Special Pay as percentage of pay in revised pay structure shall be halved, i.e.from 20% to 10%, 15% to 7.5% and 10% to 5%.
6. Amendments to The Tamil Nadu Special Pay and Allowances Rules will be issued separately.
7. These orders shall take effect from 1st October, 2017.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT