Travelling Allowance – Recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017 on Tamil Nadu revision of pay and allowances
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Pay Cell] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.307, Dated 13th October 2017.
(Heyvilambi, Puratasi-27, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2048)
OFFICIAL COMMITTEE, 2017 – Recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017 on revision of pay and allowances – Revision of Rates of Travelling Allowance – Orders – Issued.
The Official Committee, 2017 constituted to examine revision of pay and allowances has inter-alia made recommendations regarding revision of Travelling Allowance.
2. The Government has carefully examined the recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017 and decided to accept them. Accordingly, the following orders are issued revising the rates of Travelling Allowance:-
CLASSIFICATION OF EMPLOYEES FOR PURPOSE OF TRAVEL ENTITLEMENTS
3. The classification of employees for the purpose of Travelling Allowance shall be based on Pay Level of the employees in the Pay Matrix in the revised pay structure. The Grades of employees fixed based on the Pay Level drawn by the employees in the revised pay structure for the purpose of Travelling Allowance for the employees as detailed below:
ENTITLEMENTS FOR JOURNEYS ON TOUR or TRAINING
4. The travel entitlements of Government employees while on tour and transfer shall be regulated as follows :
5. If the Travelling Allowance in terms of the revised entitlements now prescribed result in reduction of the existing entitlements in the case of any individual, groups or classes of employees, the entitlements, particularly in respect of mode of travel, class of accommodation, etc. the same shall not be lowered. Instead, they will continue to be governed by the earlier orders until they become eligible, in the normal course, for the higher entitlements in the revised pay.
6. The revised rates of daily allowance for the employees in the following four grades shall be as follows:-
DAILY ALLOWANCE RATE FOR HALTS OUTSIDE THE STATE – STAY IN STATE
HEADQUARTERS AND OTHER PLACES WITHIN AND OUTSIDE THE STATE
7. The revised rates of daily allowance for halt in New Delhi and other State Headquarters other than Chennai, for stay in Chennai and for stay in other places within and outside the State including Union Territories shall be as follows :
MILEAGE ALLOWANCE FOR JOURNEYS BY ROAD
8. The Mileage Allowance for journey performed by Car and by Motor Cycle / Scooter / Moped shall be revised as follows.-
FLAT CHARGE [TERMINAL CHARGES]
9. The Terminal Charges paid for the journey between residence, place of halt or work and Railway Station or Bus Terminal or Air Port shall be as detailed below.-
TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE ON TRANSFER
10. Travel Entitlements on Transfer: The travel entitlements prescribed for tour shall be applicable in case of journeys on transfer. The general conditions of admissibility prescribed shall be, however, continued without any change.
11. Lumpsum Allowance: The lumpsum allowance payable under Transfer Travelling Allowance for packing/loading and unloading/unpacking shall be as shown below:–
12. Transportation of Personal Effects: There shall be no change in the maximum limits of personal effects permissible for claim of transportation charges by transfer by rail at railways’ risk, lorry and the maximum limits shall continue as follows:
13. The claim should be restricted to what would have been admissible had the personal effects been transported by passenger and goods trains upto the maximum limits allowed under each.
MONTHLY CEILING ON TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE
14. The existing monthly ceiling on Travelling Allowance in the revised pay structure shall be revised as follows.-
FIXED TRAVELLING ALLOWANCE
15. The existing quantum of Fixed Travelling Allowance shall be enhanced by 100% wherever it has not been enhanced after the last pay revision subject to rounding off to next 50. However, the quantum of Fixed Travelling Allowance allowed to employees on percentage of basic pay shall be reduced to 50%.
16. The existing rates of conveyance allowance paid to employee shall be enhanced by 100%.
CONVEYANCE ALLOWANCE TO VISUALLY CHALLENGED, LOCOMOTOR
DISABLED AND HEARING IMPAIRED
17. The existing allowance shall be enhanced as a special case from Rs.1,000/- per month to Rs.2,500/- per month. The other conditions for payment of this conveyance allowance shall be continued.
LEAVE TRAVEL CONCESSION
18. The existing entitlements shall continue in the revised pay structure without any change.
19. The terms and conditions governing the sanction of the above allowances shall remain unchanged except to the extent modified by this order.
20. The above orders shall take effect from 1st October, 2017.
21. These orders shall apply to the Government employees and teachers including employees of local bodies and also to the teachers and employees in aided educational institutions.
22. Amendments to the Tamil Nadu Travel Allowance Rules, 2005 and Tamil Nadu Special Pay and Allowances Rules will be issued separately.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT