Tamil Nadu 7th Pay Commission Allowances : Revision of Rates of Allowances
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Pay Cell] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.306, Dated 13th October 2017.
(Heyvilambi, Puratasi-27, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2048)
OFFICIAL COMMITTEE, 2017 – Recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017 on revision of pay, allowances, pension and related benefits – Revision of Rates of Allowances – Orders – Issued.
The Official Committee, 2017 constituted to examine revision of pay and allowances has inter-alia made recommendations regarding revision of various allowances.
2. The Government has carefully examined the recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017 and has decided to accept them. Accordingly, without changing the eligibility and other conditions of allowances, except to the extent stated herein, the rates of various allowances shall be revised as follows:-
3. Medical Allowance is granted to employees including the employees of Judicial Department for meeting the expenditure on day-to-day medical expenses. The existing medical allowance of Rs.100/- per month shall be enhanced to Rs.300/- per month.
MEDICAL REIMBURSEMENT SCHEME
4. Employees who joined Government service on or before 21-04-1995 and who did not opt for Medical Allowance are eligible for the Medical Reimbursement Scheme. Considering the pay revision, the annual ceiling limit for drawal of medical reimbursement shall be revised at 15 percent of revised pay on the date of migration of the employee to the revised pay structure under the Tamil Nadu Revised Pay Rules, 2017.
ALLOWANCE RELATED TO UNIFORM
5. The Uniform Allowance shall be enhanced as follows:
6. The Overcoat Allowance currently admissible to the Civil Surgeon and Assistant Civil Surgeons shall be enhanced by 100% from Rs.600/- to Rs.1200/- per annum.
7. The employees who are given free supply of uniform are currently granted stitching charges. Considering the present increase in stitching cost, the stitching charges shall be enhanced at the rate of Rs.500/- per set uniformly to all eligible personnel of Police, Fire and Rescue Services, Prisons and Stationery and Printing and Rs.400/- per set for all other eligible categories.
8. Washing allowance shall be enhanced as follows:
9. In future, as recommended by the Official Committee 2017, revision of these rates will not be taken up on case to case basis.
KIT MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE
10. Kit Maintenance Allowance is being paid to the Police Officers (IPS/Non-IPS) who are supplied free uniform. As this allowance was enhanced only during last year, the Kit Maintenance Allowance shall be enhanced marginally as follows:-
ROBE ALLOWANCE AND ROBE MAINTENANCE ALLOWANCE
11. Robe Allowance and Robe Maintenance Allowance payable to the Additional Public Prosecutors and Assistant Public Prosecutor, Grade-I and Grade-II shall be enhanced as follows:
ALLOWANCES RELATED TO MEDICAL PERSONNEL
NON-PRACTICING ALLOWANCE (NPA)
12. Non-Practising Allowance (NPA) shall be enhanced as follows:
OTHER COMPENSATORY ALLOWANCE (RESTRICTED PRIVATE PRACTICE)
13. The existing Other Compensatory Allowance for Restricted Private Practice shall be enhanced as follows:
PRIMARY HEALTH CENTRE ALLOWANCE [RURAL ALLOWANCE]
14. Primary Health Centre Allowance [Rural Allowance] currently admissible to eligible medical officers serving in the Primary Health Centres shall be revised as follows:
15. The enhanced Rural Allowance with additional 50 percent of normal Rural Allowance Rates shall continue to be admissible to Medical Officers posted in 72 PHCs in difficult and remote areas approved by Government of India.
16. Post-Mortem Allowance currently admissible to Medical Officers and Mortuary Attendants doing post-mortem work shall be enhanced as follows:
LEPROSY ALLOWANCE / SPECIAL LEPROSY ALLOWANCE
17. This allowance is being paid to Medical Officers and staff working in Leprosy Institutions / Leprosy Wards in Government Hospitals and Rehabilitation Homes. Considering the occupational hazard, the Leprosy Allowance / Special Leprosy Allowance shall be enhanced as follows:
18. Clerical Allowance currently admissible to Pharmacist and Chief Pharmacist in Medical Department whenever they attend to clerical work in the Institutions where Junior Assistant or Assistant is not employed or provided shall be enhanced to Rs.240/- per month.
19. Staff Nurses, Nursing Superintendents and Nursing Tutors working in medical departments are presently allowed nursing allowance. The existing rate shall be enhanced to Rs.1000/- per month.
RATION [MESSING] ALLOWANCE
20. Ration [Messing] allowance currently admissible to Nurses and allied categories to meet their messing expenses shall be enhanced as follows.
ALLOWANCE RELATED TO HILL AREAS
HILL (AREA) ALLOWANCE
21. Hill Allowance shall be continued to be at the same rate of 20 percent of basic pay. However, the maximum ceiling limit of Hill Allowance shall be enhanced from Rs.1500/- per month to Rs.6000/- per month.
22. The revised rate of Winter Allowance shall be as follows:
23. Cash Allowance is paid in lieu of surrender of residential Office assistant under the Tamil Nadu Servants Allowance Scheme, 1960. The cash allowance in lieu of one residential Office Assistant that is required to be compulsorily surrendered shall be enhanced from Rs.500/- to Rs.1,000/-.
24. The Officers who are entitled to two residential Office Assistants are permitted to surrender both Office Assistants, if they so desire. The cash allowance in respect of surrendering of the second Office Assistant at their
option shall be enhanced from Rs.500/- to Rs.1,500/-.
25. The existing special allowance drawn by the Section Officers / Private Secretaries in Secretariat, Principal in Dental College and Joint Director of Tamil Nadu Medical Services shall be enhanced as follows:
SPECIAL COMPENSATORY ALLOWANCE
26. Special Compensatory Allowance shall be enhanced as follows:-
27. Risk Allowance paid to Police and Fire and Rescue Services Personnel was revised recently in April 2017 and therefore shall be continued as follows:
28. The rates of risk allowance for other eligible categories of employees shall be increased as follows:
29. Feeding allowance in departments of Police, Fire and Rescue Services and Prisons shall be revised as follows:
30. Supervisory Allowance admissible to Assistants in Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service for supervising Junior Assistants shall be enhanced as follows:
31. Equipment Allowance presently sanctioned to the officers going abroad on deputation to colder countries shall be subject to a minimum of Rs.3,000/- and a maximum of Rs.8,000/-.
32. Farm Allowance granted to Veterinary Assistant Surgeons working in Livestock Farms shall be enhanced to Rs.400/- per month.
PROJECT ALLOWANCE / INVESTIGATION ALLOWANCE
33. Project Allowance shall be at the existing rate of 3 percent of pay in the revised pay structure.
34. Investigation Allowance shall be at the existing rate of 5 percent of the pay in the revised pay structure.
35. The quantum as well as ceiling of Provision Allowance shall be doubled and rounded off to the next 10 rupee.
36. Cooking Allowance admissible to the Bungalow Watcher-cumCook employed in the bungalows of Forest Department located in remote areas shall be enhanced to Rs.100/- per month.
37. Training Allowance is admissible to employees on deputation to training institutions as faculty members excluding the administrative staff. Considering the revision of basic pay by a factor of 2.57, the payment of this allowance shall be reduced by 50 percent. Accordingly, the existing 15 percent and 10 percent of basic pay shall be reduced to 7.5 percent and 5 percent of the pay in the revised pay structure respectively.
SECURITY COMPENSATORY ALLOWANCE
38. Security Compensatory Allowance admissible to certain posts, the incumbents of which are required to furnish security in the form of cash or fidelity guarantee bonds, shall be enhanced as follows:
OFFICE ACCOMMODATION ALLOWANCE
39. Considering the present rental rates, the Office Accommodation Allowance admissible to the Assistant Public Prosecutors shall be enhanced as detailed below:
40. The Driving Allowance to Office Assistant-cum-Driver in Secretariat and all Heads of Department shall be enhanced from Rs.60/- per month to Rs.90/- per month.
41. These orders shall take effect from 1st October, 2017.
42. Amendments to the Tamil Nadu Special Pay and Allowances Rules will be notified separately.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT