HRA and City Compensatory Allowance : Tamil Nadu Official Committee Recommendations
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Pay Cell] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.305, Dated 13th October 2017.
(Heyvilambi, Puratasi-27, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2048)
OFFICIAL COMMITTEE, 2017 – Recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017 on revision of pay and allowances – Revision of Rates of House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance – Orders – Issued.
The Official Committee, 2017 constituted to examine revision of pay and allowances has inter-alia made recommendations regarding revision of House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance by retaining the
existing slab rates suitably modifying the existing pay ranges based on the revised level pay and also based on the upgradation and reclassification of certain cities / towns.
2. The Government has carefully examined the recommendations of the Official Committee, 2017 and has decided to accept them. Accordingly, Government issue the following orders:-
(A) REVISED RATE OF HOUSE RENT ALLOWANCE
3. The revised rates of House Rent Allowance to employees in different pay ranges in the revised pay structure and different grades of cities and towns shall be as follows:-
REVISED RATES OF HOUSE RENT ALLOWANCE IN LIEU OF FREE QUARTERS:
4. (1) Higher rates of House Rent Allowance are admissible to employees entitled for rent free quarters but not provided with quarters. The revised rates of House Rent Allowance in lieu of rent free quarters shall be as follows:-
(2) The revised rates of House Rent Allowance in lieu of rent free quarters shall apply to all employees who are eligible for rent free quarters.
RECLASSIFICATION OF CITIES/TOWNS:
5. The present prevailing different grades shall be retained and some cities/towns shall be upgraded and reclassified for the eligibility of House Rent Allowance in different grades as detailed below:
List of places classified as Grade-C by Government of India:
Ambur, Arakkonam, Arani, Aruppukkottai, Attur / Bhavani (UA), Bodinayakkanur / Chengalpattu, Chidambaram (UA), Coonoor (UA), Cuddalore / Dharapuram, Dharmapuri, Dindigul / Erode (UA) / Gobi-chettipalayam, Gudiyattam (UA) / Hosur / Kadaiyanallur, Kambam, Kanchipuram (UA), Karaikkudi (UA), Karur (UA), Kovilpatti, Krishnagiri, Kumbakonam (UA) / Mannargudi, Mayiladuthurai, Mettuppalaiyam, Mettur / Nagappattinam (UA), Nagercoil, Namakkal, Neyveli (UA) / Palani (UA), Panruti, Paramakkudi, Pattukkottai, Pollachi (UA), Pudukkottai,
Puliyangudi / Rajapalayam, Ramanathapuram / Sankarankoil, Sivakasi (UA), Srivilliputtur / Theni-Allinagaram, Tenkasi, Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Tindivanam, Tiruchengode, Tirunelveli (UA), Tiruppattur, Tiruppur (UA), Tiruvannamalai, Thoothukkudi (UA) / Udhagamandalam, Udumalaippettai / Valparai, Vanyambadi (UA), Vellore (UA), Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Virudhachalam.
RECOVERY OF RENT FOR OCCUPYING GOVERNMENT QUARTERS:
6. (1) The Government also direct that in respect of employees in the Level-5 and below in the pay matrix and the employees who are entitled to the facility of rent free accommodation, no rent recovery shall be made as hitherto for occupying quarters provided by Government or its agencies. For others, the revised rent recovery shall be as indicated below:-
(2) The revised rent recovery shall take effect from 1st October, 2017. The rent recovery already made at old rates with effect from 1-1-2016 to 30-9-2017 needs no revision even after the re-fixation of pay in the revised pay structure.
(3) The Government also direct that the Government employees occupying houses provided by Accommodation Controller and who pay rent above the rate of rent prescribed for occupying Government quarters be allowed such amount in excess of the rent prescribed for occupation of Government quarters as House Rent Allowance subject to the maximum limit of House Rent Allowance eligible to them.
(B) REVISED RATE OF CITY COMPENSATORY ALLOWANCE
7. The cities of Tiruppur and Erode, which was classified as ‘Y’ by Government of India for the purpose of House Rent Allowance shall also be included for City Compensatory Allowance. Accordingly, revised rates of City Compensatory Allowance (CCA) for employees in different pay ranges in the revised pay structures shall be as follows:
8. The revised rates of House Rent Allowance and City Compensatory Allowance shall take effect from 1st October, 2017.
9. These orders shall apply to the Government employees and teachers including employees of local bodies and also to the teachers and employees in aided educational institutions.
10. Amendments to the Tamil Nadu Special Pay and Allowances Rules will be notified separately.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT