Fixation and drawal of pay : Odisha Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2017
Procedure for fixation and drawal of pay in the revised pay structure under Odisha Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2017
GOVERNMENT OF ODISHA
No. 28046 / F., Date : 22.09.2017
All Departments of Government/ All Heads of Departments/
Sub.:- Procedure for fixation and drawal of pay in the revised pay structure under Odisha Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2017.
In pursuance of Government in F.D. Resolution No.26342/F., dt.07.9.2017 the pay scales of various posts/services under the State Government have been revised with effect from the 1st January, 2016. The Odisha Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2017 incorporating the details of the revised scales and procedure of pay fixation have been issued vide Notification No.27742/F., dated.20.9.2017. Subject to the provisions of these Rules, the following instructions shall be scrupulously observed in matter of fixation and drawal of pay, maintenance of Service Books, etc.
- The option to come over to the revised pay structure shall be exercised by the employee in the form appended as Second Schedule of ORSP Rules, 2017 and the same shall be furnished to the Head of Office as required under Rule-6 of the said rules in hard copy. Besides, he/she must also submit the option form in HRMS. If an employee is not well versed in logging into HRMS, the establishment office, where the option in hard copy has been submitted must fill up option in the HRMS. Necessary facility has been provided in the HRMS for this purpose.
(ii) The prescribed authority to whom option is intimated shall be competent to accept it. The option statement in Second Schedule should be signed in each case as token of acceptance. A copy of the option should be retained by the accepting authority for record in his office and the other copy shall be made over to the Drawing and Disbursing Officer for (a) uploading information in the HRMS of the employee for entry in the service book and (b) attaching the same to the first pay bill to be generated in HRMS in which the salary of the employee shall be drawn in the revised scale. Entries regarding exercise of option and fixation of pay is to be made in the original and duplicate copies of service books of the employee in the following form :-
“Certified that as required under the Odisha Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2017, option to come over to the revised scales with effect from__________ / to retain the existing scale up-to___________ has been exercised by the employee and the option has been accepted. Pay in the revised structure has been fixed under Rule-7 of the said Rules as per the Third Schedule”.
The revised pay fixation statement (in triplicate) of an employee shall be prepared by the Pay Fixation Officer duly authorised by Heads of Offices in HRMS in accordance with the provisions of Rule-7 of the Odisha Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2017 in the form specified in the Third Schedule of ORSP Rules, 2017.
iv) In respect of the employees, other than Head of Office who opt herself/ himself to come over to the revised scale, the Pay Fixation Officer of the concerned office shall fix the pay of the employee in the revised scale in the manner laid down u/r-7 of Odisha Revised Scale of Pay Rules, 2017 in HRMS. The Pay Fixation Officer shall enter all the data of the employee required under “Third Schedule” of the said rules in HRMS row-wise as per the table appearing one after another in the screen to arrive at the revised pay to be fitted in exact Cell of the entitled Level. After entering data and determining the correct Level and Cell in the Pay Matrix in HRMS in the above manner, the Pay Fixation Officer concerned shall press the ‘Save as Draft’ button and take a print out of the copy of the pay fixation statement of the employees in Third Schedule for preview and checking. After checking, he shall press “Submit” button and take a print out of the copy of pay fixation statement of the employees in Third Schedule for attaching it in the pay bill of the October-2017 salary in the revised scale or the first month salary after fixation of pay in the revised scale.
(v) Thereafter, the Checking Officer in the same office to whom the work is assigned by the Head of Office or the Head of Office himself shall check the pay fixation statement of the employee generated in the Third Schedule in HRMS comparing with the data entered by the Pay Fixation Officer. He can also make necessary correction in the statement in case any wrong fixation of pay is detected. Then, he shall press the `Approved’ button in the HRMS so as to make the pay fixation of the employee as checked and final and take three print out copies of the checked pay fixation statement of Third Schedule to fix it in the original and duplicate Service Book with seal and signature and also keep a copy in the personal file of the employee. The said checking shall be completed in HRMS within seven days from the date of submission of pay fixation statement by the Pay Fixation Officer. The Pay Fixation Officer, Checking Officer, DDO and Head of Office shall be equally held responsible and liable for penal action for any wrong fixation of pay and excess drawl of salary, if any, of the employee.
- The pay of the Heads of Office shall be fixed in the HRMS by the Pay Fixation Officer duly authorised by the Head of Office of next higher authority which sanctions their normal increments in the manner stated in para (v) above as per the option exercised by him/her. The authority competent to fix the pay of the Head of Office is also competent to accept his/her option. The checking officer for this purpose would be an officer other than the pay fixation officer authorised by the next higher authority in his office.
- After completion of checking of pay fixation statement of all employees by the Head of Office in HRMS, the Verifying Officer of office next above the Head of Office shall verify at least 10 % (ten percent) of the total pay fixation statements of its subordinate office within one month. After cross verification, the office concerned shall give a certificate to its subordinate office that
“This office has verified 10% (ten percent) pay fixation statement of the total employees of your office and found correct.”
In case, any wrong is detected in the pay fixation statements then the office shall issue instruction to the Head of Office for necessary correction immediately. In no case, the number of verification of pay fixation statements of the employees shall be less than 10 (ten) even when the office has less than 100 (hundred) employees.
- The pay fixation statement shall be verified by the offices as indicated below.
|Department in Secretariat/ Attached Office||Department in Secretariat
(FA/ AFA and in their absence an officer other than the Pay Fixation and Checking Officer nominated by the Secretary of the concerned Departments).
|Heads of Department/ Attached Office||Administrative Department in Secretariat
(FA/ AFA and in their absence an officer nominated by the Secretary of the concerned Departments)
|Attached Offices/ District Level Offices/ Range Offices.||Heads of Department|
|Office subordinate to District Level Offices.||District Level Offices|
|Revenue and Block Offices in the Sub-Division.||Sub-divisional Offices
(Revenue & Disaster Management Department)
N.B.: It may thus be indicated here that there shall be a Pay Fixation Officer, a Checking Officer and wherever, there is a sub-ordinate office, a Verifying Officer who has to be designated by the concerned Heads of Offices to complete the process of pay fixation in case of an employee.
( ix) Both Pay Fixation Officer and Checking Officer shall ensure that the data entered in HRMS for fixation of pay are correct as per the Service Book of the employees.
- The revised scale of pay will be drawn in the monthly salary of September, If any office cannot draw salary after fixation of pay of its employees in the month of September, 2017 then salary in the revised rate for the said month shall be drawn on ad hoc basis in the manner outlined in the Finance Department Memo No.27237/F Dated.15.9.2017. After fixation of pay, the ad hoc salary drawn in the month of September shall be adjusted and the rest amount shall be drawn and disbursed before drawal of the salary for the month of October, 2017. There shall be no drawal of salary on ad hoc basis in the month of October, 2017 and onwards.
- After revision of pay, revised salary for the first month (other than salary drawn on ad hoc basis for September, 2017) may be drawn and disbursed without checking. But, the checking of pay fixation statement is a must before drawal of salary of October, 2017. If any excess drawal is made due to wrong fixation, the same shall be adjusted in salaries to be drawn in subsequent
- After fixation of pay, no arrear for the period from 01.01.2016 to 31.08.2017 shall be drawn in any case until instruction to this effect is issued by the Finance Department. However, in case of the employees already retired between 01.01.2016 to 31.8.2017, the entire arrear salary may be drawn and disbursed in one instalment after cross verification of pay fixation statement by the Authority next above the Head of Office. Similarly, the employees retiring from service will also be paid entire arrear in one instalment after cross verification of pay fixation statement
- Pay in the revised scale will be drawn only after obtaining an undertaking from the employee that excess payment, if any, detected in future will be refunded by him. An undertaking to this effect as specified in Fifth Schedule under rule-14 shall be furnished by the employee.
- A certificate in the following form shall also be recorded by the DDO concerned in the pay bill in HRMS in which pay in the revised scale is drawn for the first time.
5 “Certified that in respect of the person/persons included in this bill, initial pay fixation has been checked by the undersigned and an undertaking/ undertakings to refund excess payment, if any, detected in future has/have been obtained from him/ them”.
(xv) At the time of post-checking, if excess payment is detected then the same shall be adjusted in subsequent monthly salaries and after adjustment still some amount is left un-adjusted, the same will be adjusted from the arrear amount to be paid to the employee or may be recoverable from the pensionery benefit of the employee concerned. On account of non-adjustment and non-recovery from future dues and recoverable pensionery benefit, the DDO or Heads of Office shall be held personally responsible.
- In respect of employees who have joined posts for which revised pay scales have been prescribed, after the commencement but before the publication of the Rules, their pay shall be fixed in the manner prescribed under rule-8 of ORSP Rules, 2017.
- In case of employees enrolled under the New Pension Scheme (NPS), their monthly subscription and appropriate equivalent Govt. contribution shall be deducted/ drawn from salary of September, 2017 and onwards in the revised scale/ ad hoc basis/ pre-revised scale as the case may be and shall be credited/ remitted to the appropriate Account/ Authority as prescribed therein. In case of revised pay drawn on ad hoc basis for September-2017, the differential if any, may be adjusted from the salary bill of October-2017.
- Rule-13 of the Odisha Revised Scales of Pay Rules, 2017 contains guidelines for fixation of pay in the Modified Assured Carrier Progression Scheme (MACPS) of different categories of employees. These should be meticulously followed.
- These instructions be brought to the notice of all sub-ordinate offices. The FAs/ AFAs of the Department may clear doubts of the HoDs/ Field Offices. If there are any further doubts which FAs/ AFAs are not in a position to clarify, they may refer these doubts to Pay Commission Cell, Finance Department for clarification.
Principal Secretary to Government.