New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 for the TN employees
Government of Tamil Nadu, 2017
FINANCE [Salaries] DEPARTMENT
G.O.(Rt) G.O.(Rt) No.695, Dated 1st September2017.
(Heyvilambi, Avani-16, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2048)
New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 for the employees of Government Departments and other Organisations – Empanelment of Accredited Hospitals – Approval of additional hospitals and inclusion of additional specialities based on the recommendations of the Accreditation Committee – Notified – Orders – Issued
In the Government Order first read above, Government has constituted an Accreditation Committee for empanelment of accredited hospitals and to monitor the quality of treatment consisting of the Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts, the Director of Medical and Rural Health Services and a representative of the United India Insurance Company Limited.
2. In the Government Order second and third read above, orders have been issued for the implementation of New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 to provide Health Care Assistance to the employees of Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Statutory Boards, Local Bodies, State Government Universities, willing State Government Organisations/ Institutions and their eligible family members with a provision to avail cashless assistance upto Rs.4.00 lakh (Rupees Four lakh only) and an enhanced assistance of Rs.7.50 lakh has been allowed for specific illness like Cancer, for certain organ transplantations, etc., for a block of 4 years on selection of a suitable Public Sector Insurance Company through National competitive bidding.
3. In the implementation procedures for New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 included in the Annexure I to the Government Order third read above it is provided for inclusion of additional list of approved hospitals and treatments/surgeries based on the report of the Accreditation Committee.
4. In the Government order fourth read above, orders have been issued to include 72 additional hospitals and additional specialities in 5 existing hospitals in the Approved List of Hospitals under New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016.
5. The Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts in his letter fifth read above has submitted proposals to include 81 additional hospitals and additional specialities in one existing hospital in the Approved List of Hospitals under New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 as recommended by the Accreditation Committee.
6. The Government, after careful consideration of the recommendations of the Accreditation Committee, have decided to include 81 (Eighty one) additional hospitals and additional specialities in one existing hospital in the List of Approved Hospitals under New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 as detailed in the Annexure – I & II to this order and issue orders accordingly.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT