Conveyance Allowance – Extension of Conveyance Allowance to Hearing Impaired Tamil Nadu Government employees – Orders – Issued.
Government of Tamil Nadu
FINANCE [Allowances] DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No.204,Dated 30th June2017.
(Heyvilambi, Aani 16, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2048)
Conveyance Allowance – Extension of Conveyance Allowance to Hearing Impaired Government employees – Orders – Issued.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued to grant Conveyance Allowance at 5% of the basic pay subject to a maximum of Rs.50/-p.m to blind and orthopedically handicapped Government employees including teachers in local bodies and aided educational institutions subject to certain conditions.
2. The rate of Conveyance Allowance was revised from time to time and the present rate at Rs.1000/- per month was fixed with effect from 01.10.2010 vide Government Order second cited above.
3. In the Budget speech for 2017-18, the Hon’ble Minister for Fisheries, Finance and Personnel & Administrative Reforms made various announcements to improve the quality of life for the differently abled persons including the announcement that-
“The Conveyance Allowance of Rs.1000/- per month being provided to the visually challenged and persons with locomoter disabilities will be extended to the Hearing Impaired Government Employees.”
4. Accordingly, the Government now direct that the Conveyance Allowance of Rs.1000/- p.m. now paid to visually challenged and locomotor disabled Government employees be extended to the Hearing Impaired Government employees subject to the following conditions that:
(i) the Government employees who are having loss of sixty decibels (60 decibels) or more in the better ear in the conversation range of frequencies as per Persons With Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995;
(ii) the Conveyance Allowance shall be granted based on the recommendation of the Head of ENT Department of a Government Hospital; and
(iii) that the Conveyance Allowance shall be granted with effect from the date of the receipt of the recommendation of the concerned Medical Authority and it is not payable during leave (except casual leave), joining time or suspension;
5. All Heads of Department and their District level sub-ordinate officers are authorised to sanction Conveyance Allowance in terms of above orders, invoking existing procedures.
6. These orders shall apply to the employees of local bodies and aided educational institutions.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHEIF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT