Sanction of Additional Pension / Additional Family Pension to those pensioners aged 80years and above clarification
FINANCE (Pension) DEPARTMENT
LETTER No.11100/Pension/2017, DATED: 19-05-2017
Secretary to Government (Expenditure).
All Secretaries to Government.
All Departments of Secretariat.
The Legislative Assembly Secretariat, Chennai – 600 009.
The Governor’s Secretariat, Raj Bhavan, Chennai – 600 022.
All Heads of Departments.
The State Information Commission, No.2, Thiyagaraya Salai, Near Aalai
Amman Koil, Teynampet, Chennai – 600 018
The Accountant General (A&E), Chennai – 600 018. (By name)
The Accountant General (A&E), Chennai – 600 018
The Principal Accountant General (Audit-I), Chennai – 600 018.
The Accountant General (Audit-II), Chennai – 600 018.
The Accountant General (CAB), Chennai – 600 009.
The Registrar, High Court, Chennai – 600 104.
The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Chennai-600003.
The Commissioner, Corporation of Chennai / Madurai /
Coimbatore / Tiruchirappalli / Salem / Tirunelveli / Erode /
Tiruppur/ Vellore/ Thoothukudi.
All District Collectors / District Judges / Chief Judicial Magistrates.
All Regional Joint Directors of Treasuries and Accounts Departments.
The Pension Pay Officer, Chennai – 600 006.
All Treasury officers / Sub-Treasury Officers.
All State Government owned Boards / Corporations.
Sub: Sanction of Additional Pension / Additional Family Pension to those pensioners aged 80years and above clarification – Regarding
Ref: 1. G.O.(Ms) No.42, Finance(Pension) Department, Dated.07.02.2011.
2. GoI’s Letter No.F/No.38/37/08-P&PW(A)/pt.I, Dated.03.10.2008.
3. Petitions received under RTI, Act, 2005.
4. Treasury Officer, Madurai Letter No.O.M.No.8820/ 2016/G1 Dated.03.08.2016.
5. Commissioner of Treasuires and Accounts, Chenai-15 Letter Rc.No.3/2015/OP-2-249
In para 3 of the G.O. 1st cited above, among others it has been ordered as follows:-
“Additional Pension/ Additional Family Pension to the Pensioner /Family Pensioner shall be sanctioned from the first day of the month in which he/she completes the age of 80/85/90/95/100 years or from 1.1.2011 whichever is later”.
2. Instances have been brought to the notice of the Govt. wherein various Pensioners have raised doubts on the date of effect for sanction of additional pension/additional family pension after completion of 80/85/90/95/100 years.
3. The following clarification is issued to Sl.no.4 in para-3 of the GO 1st cited based on the GoI clarification issued in the reference second cited:-
“ The additional quantum of pension /family pension to Pensioner/Family Pensioner on attaining the age of 80/85/90/95/100 years, would be admissible from the 1st day of the month in which his/her date of birth falls. For example, if a pensioner/family pensioner completes the age of 80 years in the month of August, 2008, he/she will be entitled to additional pension/additional family pension w.e.f. 1.8.2008. Those pensioners/family pensioners, whose date of birth is 1st August, will also be entitled to additional pension/additional family pension w.e.f. 1.8.2008 on attaining the age of 80 years and above.”
for SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT (Expenditure)