New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 – Tamilnadu Government Employees
FINANCE [Salaries] DEPARTMENT
G.O.(Rt) G.O.(Rt) No.199, Dated , Dated , Dated 21st March2017.
(Thunmugi, Panguni-8, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2048)
New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 for the employees of Government Departments and other Organisations – Empanelment of Accredited Hospitals – Approval of additional hospitals and inclusion of additional specialities based on the recommendations of the Accreditation Committee – Notified – Orders – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.309, Finance (Salaries) Department, dated: 14-08-2012.
2. G.O.Ms.No.169, Finance (Salaries) Department, dated: 09-06-2016.
3. G.O.Ms.No.202, Finance (Salaries) Department, dated: 30-06-2016.
4. From the Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Treasuries and
Accounts, Lr.Rc.No.34465/2016/NHIS-2, dated 13.03.2017.
In the Government Order first read above, Government has constituted an Accreditation Committee for empanelment of accredited hospitals and to monitor the quality of treatment consisting of the Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts, the Director of Medical and Rural Health Services and a representative of the United India Insurance Company Limited.
2. In the Government Order second and third read above, orders have been issued for the implementation of New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 to provide Health Care Assistance to the employees of Government Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Statutory Boards, Local Bodies, State Government Universities, willing State Government Organisations / Institutions and their eligible family members with a provision to avail cashless assistance upto Rs.4.00 lakh (Rupees Four lakh only) and an enhanced assistance of Rs.7.50 lakh
has been allowed for specific illness like Cancer, for certain organ transplantations, etc., for a block of 4 years on selection of a suitable Public Sector Insurance Company through National competitive bidding.
3. In the implementation procedures for New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 included in the Annexure I to the Government Order third read above it is provided for inclusion of additional list of approved hospitals and treatments/surgeries based on the report of the Accreditation Committee.
4. The Principal Secretary/Commissioner of Treasuries and Accounts in his letter fourth read above has submitted proposals to include additional hospitals and additional specialities to the hospitals already approved under New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 as recommended by the Accreditation Committee.
5. The Government, after careful consideration of the recommendations of the Accreditation Committee, have decided to include 72 (Seventy two) additional hospitals and additional specialities to the hospitals already approved, as detailed in the Annexure I&II to this order, for availing the assistance under New Health Insurance Scheme, 2016 and issue orders accordingly.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT.