Pongal Bonus Government Order 2017 Tamilnadu Government Employees
GOVERNMENT OF TAMIL NADU
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
(Dhunmugi, Margazhi-27 Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2047)
BONUS – Adhoc Bonus – Special Adhoc Bonus for the year 2015–2016 – Sanction – Orders – Issued.
Read the following :-
1. G.O.Ms.No.1, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 4.1.2016.
2. Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, New Delhi Office memorandum 7 / 24 / 2007/ E-III(A) dated 03.10.2016
Government has decided to grant Adhoc Bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month to all regular and temporary Government employees, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay for the accounting year 2015-2016.
2. The employees in Groups ‘C’ and ‘D’ were paid Adhoc Bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments subject to a ceiling of Rs.3,000/- for the accounting year 2014-2015 as per orders issued in Government Order first read above. Accordingly, Government direct that all regular and temporary Government employees who are on regular time scales of pay, employees of Local Bodies and Aided Educational Institutions including teachers on regular time scales of pay in ‘C’ and ‘D’ group be paid adhoc bonus equivalent to 30 days emoluments on a base of 30 days a month for the accounting year 2015-2016.
3. The Adhoc Bonus sanctioned above shall be computed on the basis of actual emoluments as on 31st March 2016. The amount of adhoc bonus shall be calculated as if monthly emoluments were Rs.3,000/- per month. In respect of those drawing pay in the pre-revised / revised scales of pay, the calculation of adhoc bonus shall be based on the emoluments drawn subject to the upper ceiling of
Rs.3,000/- (Rupees Three thousand only) per month. The upper ceiling limit shall be applicable irrespective of whether the emoluments are drawn in the pre-revised or revised scales of pay.
4. The employees in Groups ‘A’ & ‘B’ including those coming under University Grants Commission (UGC)/ All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)/ Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) scales of pay and All India Service Regulations are not covered by the bonus scheme and are not entitled to get any adhoc bonus amount. However, the Government has decided to grant Special
Adhoc Bonus to these employees and direct that employees in groups ‘A’ & ‘B’ including those on UGC / AICTE / ICAR scales of pay and All India Service Regulations be paid Special Adhoc Bonus of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One thousand only).
5. The Special Adhoc Bonus of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) shall also be admissible to full-time and part-time employees paid from contingencies at fixed monthly rates, employees on consolidated pay/special time scale of pay including employees in Nutritious Meal Programme/ Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme (Anganwadi Workers / Mini Anganwadi Workers). Village Assistants, Panchayat Secretaries on special time scales of pay in Village Panchayat under Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department, Contract employees, Temporary Assistants on contract basis, employees on daily wages and the employees partly worked on daily wages and subsequently brought under regular establishment and worked continuously for atleast 240 days or more during the accounting year 2015-2016.
6. The deputationists from the State Government working in Corporations / Boards / Joint Sector companies who are not in receipt of bonus / exgratia payment from the undertakings concerned are eligible for the benefit of the above sanctioned Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus.
7. The Adhoc Bonus/Special Adhoc Bonus sanctioned in paras 2 to 5 above shall be admissible subject to the conditions prescribed in the annexure to this order.
8. The expenditure on Adhoc Bonus/Special Adhoc Bonus shall be debited to the sub-detailed head “04 Other Allowances” under the detailed head “01. Salaries” or the detailed head “02. Wages” as the case may be, under the relevant service head of the department concerned.
9. The expenditure on Special Adhoc Bonus in respect of temporary Assistants appointed on contract basis in the year 2003 shall be debited to the Detailed / Sub-Detailed head “33-Payments for Professional and Special Services” “04 – Contract Payment” under the relevant service head of the department concerned.
10. Necessary funds are provided under the relevant heads of account in RBE 2016-2017. However, additional funds, if any required, will be provided under the relevant heads of account in RE / FMA 2016-2017 and the required amount may be drawn pending provision of such funds.
11. This order issues with the Additional Sanction Ledger No.1874 (One thousand eight hundred and seventy four)
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
i) The emoluments for purposes of Adhoc Bonus under these orders shall be worked out on the basis of basic pay, special pay, grade pay and dearness allowance as on 31st March, 2016 and in the case of employees remaining on the pre-revised scales of pay the emoluments shall be worked out on the basis of basic pay, dearness pay, personal pay, special pay and dearness allowance as on 31st March, 2016. The allowances such as House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance and other Compensatory Allowances shall not be included. The classification of Government servants as groups A, B, C & D shall be as ordered in G.O.Ms.No.111, Personnel & Administrative Reforms (S) Department, Dated: 09.08.2010;
ii) The employees who were in service on 31st March 2016 and have rendered a full accounting year of service from 1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016 shall be eligible for the full amount of Adhoc Bonus at the rate of 30/30 days of emoluments;
iii) The employees who have rendered service of six months and above, but less than a year during the accounting 2015-2016 shall be eligible for proportionate amount of Adhoc Bonus. For this purpose period less than 15 days shall be ignored and fifteen days and above shall be treated as a full month of service;
iv) The Adhoc Bonus shall be rounded to the nearest rupee, i.e., fraction of 50 paise and above shall be rounded to the next higher rupee and fraction below 50 paise shall be ignored;
v) The period of service for the purpose of computing Adhoc Bonus shall include all leave other than the Extraordinary Leave Without Allowances. In the case of employees who were on Extraordinary Leave Without Allowances / Half Pay / Study Leave without Pay during the month of March 2016, the Adhoc Bonus shall be determined based on the emoluments last drawn before proceeding on leave;
vi) In the case of employees under suspension at any time, during 2015-2016 the Subsistence Allowances paid during suspension shall not be treated as emoluments. Such an employee may be paid Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus as and when the period of suspension is regulated as duty. In other cases, the period of suspension shall be excluded for the purpose of Adhoc Bonus/Special Adhoc bonus. In the case of suspension, if any, after 31st March 2016 there shall be no bar for the payment of Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus;
vii) The employees who retired on superannuation / Voluntary retirement / died in harness / invalidated from service, etc., prior to 31st March 2016 are eligible for Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus on the basis of actual service, subject to provision in para (iii) above;
viii) The superannuated employees who were re-employed are eligible for Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus provided the period of service prior to and after re-employment taken together is not less than six months, subject to provision in para (ii) and (iii) above. In such cases, the eligibility period has to be worked out separately for the period prior to and after re-employment. The total amount admissible, for the period prior to superannuation and for the period after re-employment shall be restricted to the maximum admissible Adhoc Bonus / Special Adhoc Bonus; and
ix) The employees who have rendered service of six months and above in Group ‘C’ are eligible for proportionate Adhoc Bonus only. If an employee rendered less than six months of service in Group ‘C’ and more than six months in Group ‘B’, he may be allowed full Special Adhoc Bonus taking into account the entire service in that year.