GPF (Tamilnadu) – Rate of interest for the period 01.07.2016 to 30.09.2016
FINANCE (ALLOWANCES) DEPARTMENT
(Dhunmugi, Aadi 25, Thiruvalluvar Aandu 2047)
PROVIDENT FUND– General Provident Fund (Tamilnadu) – Rate of interest for the period 01.07.2016 to 30.09.2016 – Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.209, Finance (Allowances) Department, dated 15.07.2016.
2. From the Government of India, Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs, (Budget Division) New Delhi, Resolution No.5(1)-B(PD)/2016, dated 30.06.2016.
* * * * * *
In the Government Order read above, orders have been issued fixing interest for the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to the General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) at 8.1% for the period from 1st April, 2016 to 30th June, 2016.
2. In its order second read above, the Government of India has further continued the rate of interest for the General Provident Fund and other similar funds at 8.1% till the end of September 2016.
3. The Government after careful consideration direct that the rate of interest on the accumulation at the credit of the subscribers to the General Provident Fund (Tamil Nadu) shall carry interest at the rate of 8.1% (Eight point one per cent) during the period from 1st July, 2016 to 30th September, 2016.
4. The rate of interest on belated final payment of General Provident Fund accumulations remaining unpaid for more than three months of its becoming payable shall be at the same rates as indicated in para 3 above.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
ADDITIONAL CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT
Leave a Reply