Issue of SC/ST/Residence Certificate in School
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment — Reservation (I) Section
North Block, New Delhi
The Chief Secretaries of all the States /Union Territories
Subject: Issue of SC/ST/Residence Certificate in School
The Residence/Domicile Certificate is generally issued by the concerned authority of the State Government/Union Territory to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a domicile/resident of the State/Union Territory by which the certificate is being issued. Such certificate is issued as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident quotas in educational institutional and in the State/Central Government services, as also in the case of jobs where preference to local residents is available as per government instructions from time to time.
2. The administrative responsibility of issue of residency and caste certificate is with the State Governments/Union Territories.
3. Government of India is examining the possibility of issue of ‘Caste Certificate’ and the ‘Residence /Domicile Certificate’ of the students from SC/ST communities all over the country when they are in Class V or Class VIII.
4. A suggestion has been made that the Head Master/Principal of the School in which the student is studying can get the necessary documents/papers filled up from the students, get them collected and submit them to the relevant State Government authority for making the requisite certificates. When the certificates are made, these can be given
to the students and would be kept with them for safe custody to avail the benefits/concessions and facilities available to the concerned category of students.
5. In order to facilitate a uniform procedure, as a citizen friendly initiative, an advisory as per Annexure has been prepared and being circulated to all the States/Union Territories for their consideration, as far as practicable.
6. It is requested that the State Governments/UTs may consider issue of appropriate instructions either based on these guidelines or according to their own convenience, in facilitating issue of such certificates.
(G. Srinivasan )
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Leave a Reply