No. 407/02/2016-AVD-I V(Lok Pal)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi, Dated: the 2nd April, 2016
Subject: Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants under section 44 of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 -filing of Returns by public servants on or before 15th April, 2016 – regarding
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to the provisions of section 44 of Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 whereby every public servant i.e. all categories of public servants as defined under section 2 (0) read with section 14 (1) (a) to (h) of Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013, shall make a declaration of his assets and liabilities. The timelines for filing the declarations/information/annual returns under the said Act are as under:
- The first return of assets and liabilities as on 1st August, 2014 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – on or before 15th April, 2016
- The annual return of assets and liabilities as on 31st March, 2015 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – on or before the 15th April, 2016.
- The annual return of assets and liabilities as on 31st March, 2016 under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 – on or before 31st July, 2016.
- The annual return of assets and liabilities for subsequent years as on 31st March every year should be filed on or before 31st July of that year.
The aforesaid timelines have already been intimated vide this Department’s OM No. 407/12/2014-AVD-IV(B) dated 28.03.2016,
- All Ministries/Departments are requested to ensure compliance of the aforementioned provisions of the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013 and in this regard inform and sensitize the societies/Association of persons/trusts under their administrative/financial control about the requirement of the law and deadlines for filing of necessary declarations/returns. To facilitate smooth compliance & information/provisions of section 44 of the Lokpal & Lokayuktas Act, 2013, this department has already placed in the public domain all the relevant rules framed under the said Act, forms in which declarations are required to be made, FAQs etc.
- This may please be accorded due priority keeping in view that the declarations &returns for the years 2014 & 2015 are required to be filed by all public servants by 15.04.2016 mandatorily.
Joint Secretary to the Govt. of India