Allowance in Lieu of Kilometreage (ALK) – Allowance for Running Staff of Indian Railways
This allowance is granted to running staff of Indian Railways when they are engaged in or employed on non-running duties. The present rates are:
|When such running duties are required to be performed at HQ||Equal to Pay Element of Running Allowance, i.e.,30% of Basic Pay|
|When such running duties are required to be performed at HQ||Granted Kilometrage Allowance on national kilometres earned @160 km per day|
The activities for which ALK is payable are given below:
- Attending Medical examinations.
- Journey on transfer.
- Joining Time.
- Refresher Courses and Training in carriage sheds.
- Attending enquiries.
- Attending law courts.
- Attending as Defence Counsel.
- Trade Union meetings.
- Attending First Aid classes.
- Attending Ambulance classes.
- Taking part in Territorial Army camps.
- Attending Staff Loan societies.
- Attending Welfare and Debt committees.
- Attending Sports Duties.
- Undergoing Sterilisation operation.
- Attending Hindi examination.
- Guards booked on escort duties.
- LP/ALP kept as spare for examination/cleaning engine for VIP special trains.
- Any other duties declared in emergency as qualifying for ALK.
- ALK @ 120 km to LPs working as Power Control/Crew Control.