National Convention on the demands of Grant of appropriate Pay Scales to Employees and Officers of Accounts and Audit
JOINT ACTION COMMITTEE OF ACCOUNTS & AUDIT EMPLOYEES & OFFICERS ORGANISATIONS
17/2 – C, P & T Quarters, Kali Bari Marg, New Delhi: – 110001
Email: [email protected]
NATIONAL CONVENTION ON THE DEMANDS OF GRANT OF APPROPRIATE PAY SCALES TO EMPLOYEES AND OFFICERS OF ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
Dated 10th January 2016
The representatives of All India Audit & Accounts Association, All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, All India Postal Accounts Employees Association, All India Audit and Accounts Officers Association, All India Association of Pay & Accounts Officers (Civil), All India Civil Accounts Employees Association, Category-II, All India Federation of Divisional Accounts Officers and Divisional Accountants Associations and All India P&T Accounts & Finance Officers Association met in the National Convention on 10th January 2016, Conference Hall, 4th Floor, Nirman Bhawan, CPWD, Koti, Hyderabad.
The Convention, in conformity with the observations given by the National Joint Council of Action of the Central Government Employees, totally rejects the anti-employee recommendations of the 7th CPC. The mutilation of Dr. Aykroyd formula in computation of minimum wages based on the 12-monthly average (ending on 1.7.2015) prices of essential commodities supplied by Labour Bureau at Shimla was a total jugglery on the part of 7thCPC.
The convention considers that, reduction in the wages of women employee who avail CCL, forcing the employees to go on voluntary retirement on completion of 20 years of service in the name of ‘inefficiency’, earmarking ‘very good’ for MACP, withdrawal of all types of short term advances like festival/cycle/ LTC etc, refusal to recommend for scrapping of new Pension scheme, refusal to propose for dispensing with the outsourcing/casualisation/ contractorisation by regularizing the employees engaged through such methods for regular government functions are the most retrograde and the anti-employee recommendations of the 7CPC.
The Convention noted that on the issue of formation of Apex Level Grievance redressal mechanism to the Group B Gazetted Officers and Promotee Group A Officers, even after 67 years of independence, settlement has not taken place mainly because of intransigent and adamant stand of the Ministry of Finance, Government of India. The meeting noted that on all other demands also there is a dilly dallying attitude on the part of authorities resulting in non-settlement.
The Convention congratulates the Central Government employees for observing 27th November 2015 as BLACK DAY by wearing black badges and holding (lunch hour) demonstration at the work place and organizing lunch hour demonstration on 30th December 2015 responding to the call of NJCA, which was duly endorsed by the Confederation.
The Convention endorses the 26 Point Charter of Demands on issues related to the recommendations of the 7th CPC submitted to the Cabinet Secretary on 10th December 2015 by the Staff Side, National Council, JCM and on behalf of the NJCA and also by the CCGGOO to the Government to discuss and settle the demands immediately.
The Convention also endorses the decisions taken by NJCA on organizational actions including the decision of massive Dharna on 19th, 20th and 21st January 2016 and Indefinite Strike in the 1st Week of March 2016 with an appeal to the entirety of the Accounts and Audit Employees and Officers of the country to prepare and participate in all preparatory programmes and the Strike action under the guidance of the local Co-ordination Committees and JCAs.
The Convention takes the opportunity to congratulate all those employees and officers of Indian Audit and Accounts Department and other organised Accounts Cadre who responded the call of Apex JAC i.e. observance of demands day on 15th December 2015 and submission of the demands of the Accounts and Audit Employees and Officers in the form of Resolution to local Head of Offices for onward transmission to higher authorities.
The Convention totally agrees with the following proposals for pay structure for Audit & Accounts Cadres submitted by the apex level JAC to secretary, Department of Expenditure ON 11TH December 2015 seeking mitigation of the injustice done to the accounts and audit cadres by the 7th CPC.
1. Accounts/Audit Assistant: Re-designation of LDC as Accounts/Audit Assistants and grant of replacement scale of PB-1 Grade Pay Rs.2400 — i.e. level 4 pay scale of Table 5.Pay Matrix.
2. Accountant/ Auditor: Correction of error done in implementing 6CPC recommendations by the Government and Grant of replacement pay scale of PB 2 GP 4200 — i.e. level 6 pay scale of Table 5 in Pay Matrix.
3. Senior Accountant /Auditor (SA)/DA: Streamlining the contradictory views and recommendations of 7th CPC and grant of replacement pay scale of PB 2 GP 4600 — i.e. level 7 pay scale of Table 5.Pay Matrix to the Senior Accountant/ Auditor/Accounts Assistants (in Railways).
4. Assistant Accounts Officer/ Assistant Audit Officer/DAO II: Acceptance of Para No. 11.12.140 of the recommendations of 7th CPC and grant of replacement pay of GP 5400(PB-2) to AAOs on completion of four years’ service — i.e. Pay level 9, in the pay matrix.
5. Accounts/Audit/Senior Accounts/Audit Officer/DAO I/Sr. DAO: Grant of following pay scales to the Cadres indicated:
Audit/Accounts Officer/DAO Gr. I GP 6600 PB-3 — i.e.level-11 pay scale of Table 5.Pay Matrix
Sr. Audit/Accounts Officer/Sr. DAO (15%) GP 7600 PB 3 — i.e. level-12 pay scale of Table 5.Pay Matrix.
6. Qualification Pay Granting qualification Pay to all Organized Accounts and IA&AD uniformly in terms of the recommendations of 7 CPC in Para’s 8.9.43, 44 and 45 respectively.
7. Secretarial Staff : Pay scale of secretarial staff working in Account and Audit Organizations may be granted at par with Secretarial staff working in the Ministry.
8. Cadre review : Since no cadre review of Accounts and Audit departments had been done after 1987, the cadre review should immediately be initiated as per the recommendations of 7thCPC.
The Convention further resolves to:
· Reorganize and reactivate the local committees of the Joint Action Committee at every station within 10th February 2016.
· Organize following sustained agitational programmes.
1. Daylong Dharna at all stations by the local JACs on 11th February 2016
2. Signature campaign – all units/circles/ branches shall deposit the Signatures to their respective Central Headquarters with in 28th February 2016
3. Massive Dharna at Delhi