Decisions of the CEC meeting of BSNLEU held at New Delhi on 24th and 25th November, 2015
(1) The 2nd September General Strike has been successfully organised in most of the circles. The CEC meeting heartily congratulated all the BSNL employees who have participated in this historic strike. The meeting also congratulated all the circle and district unions for organising the strike effectively. Further, the meeting resolved to continue with the campaigning on NeoLiberal Policies and also on the 12 point charter of demands of the Central Trade Unions.
(2) The meeting noted with satisfaction, the improvements that have come in the financial condition of BSNL. It called upon the circle and district unions to actively coordinate with the other constituents of the Forum, for carrying out aggressive marketing and also in maintaining fault free networks, which will ultimately make the revival of BSNL possible.
(3) The meeting came to the conclusion that the decision of the Cabinet to form a Subsidiary Tower Company is not in the interest of BSNL, since there is no guarantee that a private company would not be inducted as a strategic partner or that disinvestment would not be there in future. The meeting decided to resort to take all possible measures to oppose formation of the Subsidiary Tower Company.
(4) After discussing the various options that have been suggested by the IIM – B, on the merger of BSNL and MTNL, the meeting decided that the issue should be further discussed in the Forum and also all steps should be taken to defend the interests of BSNL and it’s 2.25 lakh work force.
(5) On the question of outsourcing of the provisioning and maintenance of wired line broadband connections, the meeting resolved that this would render a large number of Telecom Mechanics and TTAs surplus. It viewed with concern, the decision of the Corporate Management to go ahead with the outsourcing, without properly considering the alternative proposals given by BSNLEU to avoid outsourcing. The meeting called upon all the circle unions to seriously view this issue and to fully implement whatever call given by the CHQ to stop the reckless outsourcing of broadband activities.
(6) On the victimisations of Kerala and Jamshedpur, the meeting expressed satisfaction with the action taken by the CHQ. The meeting further directed the CHQ to take all possible measures to settle the remaining victimisations within the shortest possible time.
(7) On the issue of 30% superannuation benefits to the Directly Recruited Employees, the meeting expressed it’s deep concern over the inordinate delay in the settlement of the issue. The meeting urged upon the BSNL Management to expeditiously settle the demand of the Forum, of contributing 12% pay to the Pension Fund.
(8) The meeting noted with satisfaction that as per the decision of the Dalhousie CEC meeting, Study Classes are being organised in December, 2015. The meeting urged upon all the circle and district unions to implement the decisions of the All India Centre, to make the classes successful.
(9) The meeting once again underscored that Works Committee is an effective tool for improving the quality of service. Hence, the meeting urged upon the district unions to ensure the periodic conducting of the meetings of the Works Committees. The meeting also urged upon the CHQ to take steps for the early introduction of Works Committees at circle levels also.
(10) The meeting noted with concern that, even after taking decision in the Dalhousie CEC meeting, circle council meetings have not taken place in Haryana, NTR and Jharkhand circles. The meeting urged upon the above mentioned circle unions to immediately ensure the conducting of circle council meetings.
(11) The meeting noted with concern that, most of the circle unions have not sent their reports on the district wise particulars of the 2nd September General Strike, as called for by the CHQ. Similarly, most of the circle unions have not sent the district wise union membership details. The meeting urged upon all such circle unions, which have not sent the above two reports, to immediately send them. The meeting also urged upon all the circle secretaries to promptly send reports whenever called for by the CHQ.
(12) As regards the anomalies that arose in the first wage revision, the Corporate Office has called for inputs from the CGMs. However, most of the CGMs have not sent the report, as a result of which this issue could not be processed by the Corporate Office. This meeting calls upon all the circle secretaries to take up the issue with their concerned CGMs and arrange to send the reports to the Corporate Office without further delay.
(13) The meeting urged upon the CHQ to actively persue and settle the pending issues such as Stagnation, 30% superannuation benefits, Anomalies, 78.2% IDA merger to pensioners, PLI formula, Relaxation in qualifying marks for SC/ST employees, Designations, NEPP related problems, etc. etc.
(14) The meeting called upon all the circle and district unions to observe the 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar in a befitting manner, by holding seminars, special meetings, etc.
Source : BSNLECHQ.COM