The Additional Chief Secretary to Government Haryana,
1. All Heads of Departments, Commissioner of Divisions, All Deputy Commissioners & Sub Divisional Officers (Civil) in Haryana.
2. The Registrar, Punjab & Haryana High Court, Chandigarh & All District & Session Judges in Haryana.
Dated Chandigarh, the 2nd November, 2015.
Subject: Grant of interest free Festival Advance to Class IV Government employees during the year 2015-2016.
With reference to subject noted above, I am directed to say that the State Government has decided to grant an interest free festival advance of Rs.5000/- (Rs. Five thousand only) to all Class-IV Government employees in the State who apply for it.
2. The advance will be admissible to permanent/temporary Class-IV employees and to those adhoc employees who are continuing in service for the last one year and will likely to continue for another four months, on furnishing surety of a permanent Government employee. The advance will be sanctioned by the Drawing & Disbursing Officers concerned. In case of temporary employees, allow festival advance on the basis of a surety to their satisfaction so that it will be fully secured and its recovery will be ensured from the loanee before the close of the financial year 2015-2016.
3. The following conditions should also be observed in sanctioning this advance:-
i) The Drawing & Disbursing officer concerned, before sanctioning the advance, should satisfy himself that the incumbent will continue in service until full recovery of the total amount of the advance is effected.
ii) The advance will be recovered in four equal monthly installments and the entire advance should be recovered from the pay of the employees before the close of the financial year 2015-2016.
iii) The advance may be drawn and disbursed on or before 11.11.2015
iv) The advance will not be admissible to work charged & contingent paid staff and daily wagers.
v) The advance should not be granted by parent Departments to those class-IV employees who are on deputation to other Government/corporations and Local Bodies etc.
vi) If both husband and wife are employed, the advance should be allowed to only one of them.
4. It is requested that the schedule of Recoveries should be attached with each bill in the enclosed Performa-I. It is also requested that the detailed accounts of the recoveries of the advance should be maintained by the Drawing and disbursing Officers which should be reconciled with the office of the Accountant General, Haryana (A&E) Chandigarh every month.
5. The expenditure incurred on the grant of festival advance may be communicated to the Finance Department (in ways & Means Br.) by the head of Department by the end of December, 2015 positively in the enclosed Performa-II.
6. The expenditure will be debited to the Major Head, “7610-Loans to Government servants. Etc-800-Other Advances (98) Festival Advances 49-Festival Advances (Non-Plan). The recoveries made will be credited to the corresponding receipt head i.e. “7610-Loans to Government servants etc. 800-Other Advances-(98) Festival Advances (Receipt).
Joint Secretary Finance
For additional Chief secretary to Govt. Haryana